Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Time Has Come!

I'm 32 years old.  I have been overweight/obese for my whole life.  I have tried a variety of diets, shakes, powders, hypnotism, and exercises to try and lose the weight to what I consider "Normal".  Some success yes, but always end up in the same place, plus a few more kilos.

Last year, after not being able to become pregnant, my doctor knowing I had tried various methods for weight loss, asked me to consider gastric surgery, either in the form a lap banding or gastric bypass surgery.  Then I was like...seriously, that is the easy way out, and it costs heaps!!!  However, a year has passed.  My mind has changed after an enormous amount of research, and I have started my lap band journey, using this blog to share with others (if interested!), but also for me to see my progress through pictures, and blog entries.

A friend pointed out to me in July it was time to look after myself.  I spend so much of my time looking out for others, that I leave myself to last.  After coming out of the worst part of 6 months being depressed about a future with no children, I finally agreed with her.  I need to feel better about myself.  The money is not important but my life is.  Has it really taken 32 years to come to this conclusion???  Maybe I am a slow learner ;)

Anyway, this entry will begin my story and my journey!!  Jump aboard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment