Sunday, January 22, 2012

Whole9 30 Day Challenge Day 14

My last Sunday of holidays - :(  Oh well been a good break!

Today we had a friends engagement party/bbq with rather onimous weather.


Breakfast was an omlette made by hubby - he has the knack being a trained chef, mine always ends up being scrambled eggs. Anyway, it was very good!

Have bought some Moccona french (mild) instant coffee to drink black - actually quite good.  Every day, I feel I am less likely to go back to drinking coffee with milk (although the odd mocha will probably appear).  Also got Cafe L'Affaire coffee which we grind - also good!

The engagement party was good, and I was impressed I avoided, chippies, dip, cheese boards, wine, etc.  How?  I sat well away from the food table - it actually works for me - out of sight, out of mind.  And I only drank water as well - lots of it

BBQ's are good on this challenge - grilled meat and vege = awesome!  The weather turned to crap but lucky they had a deck with cover to still do the BBQ

On my plate - lamb, a small bit of steak, chicken, salads, and roast onion/beetroot.  - was delicious!!!!

The salad I made was from a girl at the gym's recipe.  It is Fabulous!!!  So the recipe is below - EASY!  I will be making this for lunches this year - a big quantity so enough for a few days.  Was the best salad at the bbq!






Kumara Coriander Salad

Ingredients:

• 4 med kumara
• 2 avocados (chopped into bite size pieces)
• 1/2 cup almonds – roughly chopped
• 3 spring onions
• Grated lemon rind of 1 lemon
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/4 cup oil (I used Avocado but you can use olive also)
• 1/4 cup coriander leaves
• Fresh Spinach
• salt and pepper to taste

1. Chop kumara into small cubes and roast. (I tossed the kumara in some coconut oil, about half a teaspoon of red curry paste, salt and rosemary before roasting, but you can do what you want)
2. While the kumara is cooking, lightly toast the almonds in a fry pan then set aside to cool.
3. Mix the lemon rind, lemon juice, oil, avocado, spring onion, coriander, salt and pepper in a bowl and leave to sit so the flavours can combine.
4. When the kumara is cooked and cooled mix ALL ingredients together. I put the spinach on the bottom then the kumara and avocado mix and sprinkled the almonds on top of it all. Yum.

Happy clean eating.
Needless to say - after the BBQ - not hungry at all.

Exercise was a small walk with the dogs - only about 10-15 mins.





Something to think about when trying to eat properly and what the crap stuff actually does to you.





No comments:

Post a Comment